How To Recover Deleted Files
We have all done it, one time or another, where we have deleted a file and afterwards regretted it. Sometimes it was by accident (with SHIFT+DEL key) or sometimes thinking we had a backup and then realized that we haven’t and you are truly desperate to get it back. Well don’t get disappointed because there is a way to recover deleted files.
How does this tool work to recover deleted files
When you delete a file from your computer, its contents aren’t immediately destroyed. Windows simply marks that hard drive space as unimportant and makes that space available for other files and you just can’t see that file anymore . Windows do not overwrite that space until all of the remaining unused space is consumed.
This is where Recuva works it magic and simply marks that file important again. Therefore if you use Recuva as soon as you make the mistake, you should be lucky enough to recover you file before Windows overwrites that part of hard disk with new files.
How to use Recuva
Download and install recuva and then open it.
1. You will get something like this :-
Choose the type of file that you want to recover and click Next.
2. Now choose the specific local hard drive. Do not choose any folder like “C:\program files” even if your file was in that folder because it mostly doesn’t work like that . Simply choose “c” drive in that case.
NOTE : – You can even use this tool to recover your files from your Flashdrive, external hard drive, memory cards, rewritable CDs/DVDs.
3. You will also get the option to enable a deep scan. A Deep scan can even recover some your files that were deleted many years ago provided it has not been overwritten too many times. Although a deep scan will take quite a bit of time, the results that you will get back can be awesome. So it depends on you whether to enable it or not.
4. Files in the green colour indicates that they can be recovered while that in the red ones indicates that it has been overwritten too many times and it cannot be recovered.
5. That’s it. Just tick the files you want recovered and click on Recover.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Do note recover the file to it’s original location because that reduces the chance of a successful recovery.
Let me know if this work for you!